Why don't we honour our nature ?

As a person who grew up in South East Asia, I still remember........ when I was kid my parents always told me to drink Curcuma (Curcuma xanthorhizza) or Turmeric (Curcuma longa) juice. They told me these bitter-taste juices would make good-health for me. That's all they said.

This blog is dedicated for any Medicinal Herbs especially Asian-originated herbs.

You can find many Asian-originated herbs on my blog and also please ask me if you have any question by leaving a comment. I'll be glad to answer as long as I can help.

Cheers

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Michelia champaca Linn.

 
Michelia champaka Linn.:

    * Family: Magnoliaceae
    * Genus: Michelia
    * Species: M. champaka
    * Local Name: Cempaka, Cempaka kuning, Cempaka koneng

Michelia champaka is Magnoliaceae family member.  This tree with height 15-25m with fragrant yellow flower is known as medicinal and cosmetical purposes herb.It may be found in Java and Sumatra in marshy forest at ~1200m alt. Many herbal cosmetic producers use this Michelia champaka flowers for their perfume products that is believed that the fragrant of  Michelia champaka will bring joy and harmony to the users. While the seeds are used for anti-fever jamu.

Medicinal Properties:

* Flower: anti-spasmodic; Cholic treatment
* Flower: analgesic
* Flower: cosmetic; reduce cellulitis
* Seed: anti-fever

10 comments:

Mrs. Stevenson said...

was here. keep up the good work.

Prisqua said...

Just wanted to say i love that wind chime you have on your site, pity the site is not in English...

Juliarso said...

@mrs.stevenson Thanks for your visit.

@prisqua Thanks, your comment meant a lot to me for improving this site. Thanks again :)

WARSHOCK said...

jaz blog strolling friend.. have a great weekend.

Tikno said...

Nice blog

Juliarso said...

@warshock: Thanks for visiting. Have a great weekend :)

@tino: Thanks for visiting. Keep in touch :)

Anonymous said...

whew... lots of herbs..
thnx for the infos...
though the common names are not so common to me... hehe..

[-april http://lavender-bliss.net/]

Jen C. said...

Anti-fever huh..

Hmm.. too bad I don't know where to find those around here

www.nursejendoll.com
-Nurse Jen Doll

Juliarso said...

@jan april : thx for visiting my blog :)

@jen c. : Nurse Jen, you can find some of those in my recommended shops..

Emily said...

If you enjoy the women Nike Shox NZ and like the cost , you don't want to break your ankle enjoying basketball. Protege has assembled some of the So, no make a difference what the price or what retail store does or does not offer the brand, they need to have to be a women Shox NZ for the brand name to previous. Only time will be able to create the answers, until then give them a try out and use them for looking excellent on Saturday evening, if you like the looks. nz shoes are liked by the youthful and the unusual ones attract quite a few people's Women Nike Shox.