Why don't we honour our nature ?

As a person who grew up in South East Asia, I still remember........ when I was kid my parents always told me to drink Curcuma (Curcuma xanthorhizza) or Turmeric (Curcuma longa) juice. They told me these bitter-taste juices would make good-health for me. That's all they said.

This blog is dedicated for any Medicinal Herbs especially Asian-originated herbs.

You can find many Asian-originated herbs on my blog and also please ask me if you have any question by leaving a comment. I'll be glad to answer as long as I can help.

Cheers

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Piper retrofractum Vahl

 
Piper retrofractum Vahl:

    * Family: Piperaceae
    * Genus: Paperomia
    * Species: P. retrofractum
    * Local Name: Cabe Jawa, Cabe panjang, Cabe jamu

Piper retrofractum Vahl is Piperaceae family member.  This herb known as one of Herbal Medicine powerful ingredient, it may be found in Java and Sumatra. Many Indonesia's Jamu formulas consist of this Retropiper. It has strong spicy-tasted, therefore, if you consume it directly, your tears should appear immediately and makes your eyes open widely.


Medicinal Properties:

* anti-spasmodic
* anti-diarrhea
* analgesic
* aphrodisiac
* tonic