Why don't we honour our nature ?

As a person who grew up in South East Asia, I still remember........ when I was kid my parents always told me to drink Curcuma (Curcuma xanthorhizza) or Turmeric (Curcuma longa) juice. They told me these bitter-taste juices would make good-health for me. That's all they said.

This blog is dedicated for any Medicinal Herbs especially Asian-originated herbs.

You can find many Asian-originated herbs on my blog and also please ask me if you have any question by leaving a comment. I'll be glad to answer as long as I can help.

Cheers

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Psidium guajava (Guava)

 
Psidium Guajava:
    * Family: Myrtaceae
    * Genus: Psidium
    * Species: guajava

Jambu Biji, or guava, Psidium guajava L., of the myrtle family (Myrtaceae), is known by its common name. In Spanish, called guayabo, or guayavo. Goyavier in French; Guyaba, goeajaaba in Dutch. Guava or kuawa, that's how Hawaiians call it. In Indonesia, it is generally known either as guava or jambu batu, but has also numerous dialectal names as it does in other countries.

Medicinal Properties:

    * Antidiarrheal effect;
    * Antibacterial
    * Antiamebic
    * Antispasmodic;

4 comments:

Unknown said...

when we had post chicken pox sores, my mom usually bathes us with a concoction made from boiled guava leaves. never had a scar on me when the sores were completely healed... :) great blog!

got anything for acne break outs and old scars? I'm allergic to Tannaka... and another thing... do you have any information about rose hip oil? can they really get rid of old scars for good?

Juliarso said...

@urban princess: I'm gonna find that information for you, I'll try my best.Thanks for visiting :)

Emily said...

Protege has assembled some of the So, no make a difference what the price or what retail store does or does not offer the brand, they need to have to be a [url=http://www.shoxinbox.com/nike-shox-nz-women-nike-shox-nz-c-12_48.html]women Shox NZ[/url] for the brand name to previous. Only time will be able to create the answers, until then give them a try out and use them for looking excellent on Saturday evening, if you like the looks. [url=http://www.shoxinbox.com/nike-shox-nz-women-nike-shox-nz-c-12_48.html]nz shoes[/url] are liked by the youthful and the unusual ones attract quite a few people's attentions.

Emily said...

The photo that this store has as a discount product or service Mens Shox NZ , has edge to numerous image issues. When they ended up purchased out by sears some men and women considered that Sears would be ready to adjust the photo, that has not been the Nike NZ .Protege is made of reasonably priced, large excellent and trendy line of athletic sneakers which is solely in KMart.